Tuesday, October 18, 2005

No recend updates but I have been doing things.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, mostly cause I've been busy and haven't had a lot of time.

Two weeks ago I spend 4 days in Stockholm visiting Liisa. It's quite cheap to fly there (30euros one way) and only take about 45 minutes. In fact, it takes longer to get from the Airport in Stockholm to the city than it does to fly from Estonia to Sweden.

I like Stockholm, a lot. It's much more cosmopolitan and lively than Tallinn. I never saw myself as a big city boy but coming from T.O. and moving here you really notice certain differences. In Tallinn there are no late night kabob or fallafal stands, no bustling downtown streets like College or Queen West, Stockholm feels a lot more alive which I like. It doesn't hurt that the city is incredibly beautiful as well.

Now the one thing about Stockholm I could do without is the insane prices on almost everything. A beer in a bar is about $8CDN, a subway ticket $3 and so on. I don't understand how people afford living there but they do.

I have pictures but they're on Liisa' camera so I'll upload them next time I get a hold of her camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home