Friday, November 24, 2006

Bush to get an ironic gift while in Estonia.


An article in todays Postimees points out that PM Andrus Ansip will be giving Bush a Skype phone as a gift when he arrives next week. Smart marketing by Sten and Andrus, I know they had wanted to try the same stunt with the Queen when she visited by I don't think that ended up happening.

What I found most amusing about this, and from what I can tell hasn't been picked up by anyone, is that Skype calls are all encrypted end-to-end, which makes them pretty damn hard to eavesdrop on (not impossible though). Considering all the work Bush has put into expanding the governments listening powers I thought this to be an ironic gift.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Any idea if those are sold in Estonia already?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Erki Esken said...

There's even photographic evidence that Bush got the gift.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home