Friday, March 02, 2007

One post can make a difference

A while ago I posted a little review about the latest Arcade Fire album Neon Bible. I personally don't think it's a great review since I'm not a great writer but somehow it's generated a huge amount of traffic to my blog. For a most of the past couple of weeks when you search for Neon Bible reviews on Google my blog was coming up 4th or 5th in rank, before the page fold, which has driven huge amount of traffic (I'm dropping but still on the first page).

For me this is the first time I've had this type of traffic and it's an interesting marketing experience. If you can write something that is both unique and on an interesting and topical subject you can drive significant traffic to your site, regardless of a previous reputation or "name". I don't image that much of the traffic will be sustainable unless I significantly improve the quality of my writing but it's been cool to see the traffic spike like this.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home