Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Kommentaarid

I was just reading the reader comments over at Postimess attached to the article about Ansip's visit to Toronto. Man, there are some angry people around. According to a lot of these people Canadian-Estonians should keep their mouths shut.

Some examples:

MIDA KÜLL RASKEL AJAL KANADASSE PLAGANUD EESTLANE IKKA NII VÄGA TEAB.MINU JAOKS ON NAD LIHTSALT LIHTSA ELU OTSIJAD JA HINGE KODUMAA EEST NEIL KAH EI OLE.KANGELASED OLID NEED KES SIIA JÄID.kODUEESTLASED MA MÕTLEN.

and

Mingitel kanada eestlastel pole küll sel teemal õigust sõna võtta. Mis nad teavad okkupantidest või kommunistides? Las elavad edasi oma vahtralehe varjus, ei tea nad midagi sellest mis siin viimase 60 aasta jooksul toimus, ja vist tahagi teada, sest eriti nad tagasi tulema ei kipu.

I'm not totally sure why some "kodueestlased" have so much animosity towards "väliseestlased", some people say they are pissed that some got out in the 40's and others didn't but I don't know what the real reason is. I never personally experienced much of this sentiment when I was living in Eesti but I know it exists. There are only so many Eestlased around, we should at least try and be civil to each other.

All I know for sure is that reading comments to articles can be maddening.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When you're around Estonia, let us know or come to visit the office... I'm sure there are ppl who'd like to see you around :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger AndresS said...

Definitely! I'll be there Sunday but am spending the first 4-5 days in Saaremaa to relax. I'll be in Tallinn after that and hope to swing by the office.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool. we'll be waiting ;)

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home