Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Skype + MySpace

Skype and MySpace just announced a partnership to allow MySpace users to make calls to one another using Skype technology. I think this is a smart move on Skype's part, they've been fairly absent from social networks recently and in my opinion were falling behind in space that seems like a natural fit.

The only question I have is whether MySpace is the right partner? I personally don't use (or like) MySpace and think Facebook is much further ahead and there's been more hype around it recently. Is Skype latching on to old news? I don't know, hopefully this doesn't mean they can't do similar deals with other social networks.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger antyx said...

I'd say Skype is desperately searching for something to do, now the eBay's run out of ideas. :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger AndresS said...

I think the ideas are there, it's more about execution of those ideas rather than coming up with something new and innovative.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home