Monday, December 04, 2006

Dead


I officially proclaimed my laptop as being dead this weekend, while it's 2 years old it still was pretty fast and fine for my needs so I'm sad to see it go. I started running into problems with it in August, once in awhile it would 'freeze' on me, I could hear the CPU still running but screen was frozen and nothing worked. I was forced to restart and then usually it worked. It got progressively worse and worse to the point where anytime I picked the laptop up or moved it a bit it died and then even if I didn't move it it could freeze up after 20-30 minutes of use. I used my limited skills to try and diagnose it, I formatted and re-installed the OS to see if it was a software problem, I opened it up to see if there was any visible sign of damage but to no avail. This weekend I took it into a shop where they ran some diagnostics and basically told me that the motherboard was shot and the options were to either replace the motherboard or get a new computer. PCs advance so quickly these days that I don't see much point in replacing the motherboard.

So, anyone know any good laptop deals?

1 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

Oh My, is that your poor laptop?
Sorry I cant help with where to find good deals.

Hope you find it!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home