Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ad overload

One of the many amusing little differences between Canada and Eesti that always made me chuckle was the fact that newspapers in Eesti will often sell their entire front page for advertisement, so instead of seeing a headline you see an ad. I don't think I've ever seen that with a North American paper (maybe for the free subway papers but that I don't consider anything more than headlines with ads), I guess most papers try and come up with a catchy headline that they hope will sell a lot of papers but for some reason that doesn't figure in in Eesti, they'd rather sell the upfront ad.

The reason I bring this up is that I just read that Oliver Kruuda, everyones favorite chocolate baron, has just purchased the front page for Paevaleht for a whole month. Funny how he bought the ads just before the elections, I wonder if we'll see any of his classic shenanigans like big K's or pictures of Savisaar with a milk mustache.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home